Friday 19 April 2013

My Nemesis


A little while ago, I noticed that one of my favourite people I like to visit participated in a little Blog Hop called Meet My Machine where fabulous quilters all came together to share details of their machine/s of choice.

I thought it was really helpful, especially for new-comers like myself.  As FEF always says “you don’t know, what you don’t know” – profound I know …erm … so to hear from experienced crafter/sewers/quilters/designers was a real bonus. 
So without further ado I’d like to introduce you to my nemesis … Brother BC-2500.

I have actually taken it out of the box ... finally

Small, but perfectly formed.  Probably has a few more stitches than I need, but we seem to be getting on just fine.

I'm told he is a “quilting quality” machine.  He’s perfectly light-weight and easy to cart from my kitchen table to where-ever I can find space to store him away from the kiddies.

The “throat” size is a little small though, so I can see myself needing a bigger machine if I want to do a lot of the quilting myself.  But as far as piecing and portability are concerned, I think he’s perfect – and really, who can resist that slogan? … Brother “At Your Side” … yup, I'm going to need all the help I can get!

Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...